Why is it that after a busy holiday season, Christmas and New Year's, there comes with it some sort of let down that puts me and a lot of other people into a depressive mood? Maybe because we are so tired, or because family has left, or there was no family there at all. Whatever, the reason, it is OKAY TO HAVE A PITY PARTY! Seriously! Who doesn't have one on occasions? So, I decided to post:
PITY PARTY PARTY RULES
1. Set a time limit. As for me, I set 15 minutes. I will tell myself that I can throw this pity party for 15 minutes. After the 15 minutes. ZAP IT! (Most of the time it works. Sometimes it doesn't. But it is always worth a try). Have a timer? Set it.
2. Invitation List: ME, MYSELF AND I. No one else is invited. (Private Party, Sorry).
3. Journal: It helps to write it out.
4. Entertainment: Sad songs or sad movies. If I let myself cry it out I always feel better. (I think it has some type of cleansing element to it).
5. Food: Chocolate! Lots of chocolate! (Or any food that makes you feel better – comfort food).
6. Psalms. Read Psalms from the Holy Bible. (It always helps me get out of a blues mood).
7. Enlightment: There is always someone that has it worse than you.
8. Service. Help someone else. It is a great way to feel better!
9. Call a friend. Sometimes we just simply need to vent.
10. Rest! Take a nap. (There is something healing about sleeping).
Well, my timer just went off. I think I will have another piece of chocolate!! 😀