I was nominated by Prakash Hegade with “itsphblog” for the free style writing challenge. It’s Fun. You can read his detailed post HERE.
So here goes the RULES of this challenge:
1. Open an MS Word document
2. Set a stop watch or your mobile to 5 minutes or 10 minutes whichever challenge you think you can beat.
3. You topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH A TIMER.
4. Fill the word doc with as much words as you want. once you began writing do not stop even to turn.
5. Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check in MS WORD (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write the right spelling and stick to grammar rules)
6. You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and capitals. However if you do, it would be best.
7. At the end of your post write down ‘No. Of words =_____’ so that we would have an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
8. Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new Topic for your nominees and copy paste these rules with your nominations (at least 5 bloggers).
I was given with the topic Train Journey
The only train journey that I have been on is the Narrrow Gauge Railroad which takes passengers from Durango, Colorado to Silverton, Colorado. It is a fun day trip on a very old rickety train. Once you get to Silverton, the passengers goi around looking in the shops and have lunmch there in Silverton and then after a few hours, we all get back on the train and ride back to Durango. The scenery is fabulous t5hrough mountains and forests and rivers. Some places the train is high on a cliff that you can overlook to the canyon. It is a bit chilly and one needs to take a sweater or light jacket. I noticed that Silverton is now a tourist trap and all the shops are geared toward touristy consumers.
I decided to do the 5 minute time as I don’t have that much experience with trains to write for 10 minutes. I still have 2 minutes left and I have already run out of things to say about trains. I am stopping her at 1 minute and 30 seconds remaining.
3.5 minutes = 182 words (and lots of mistakes)
I choose to leave the nominations open to anyone who would like to give it a try. It’s fun and challenging. If you decided to take up the challenge, please leave a pingback to this post. Thank you!
You are given the topic, “Blogging”